Das Progressive Zentrum is an independent think tank, founded in 2007 as a non-profit initiative. In other countries, think tanks have long established a dynamic market for ideas and have become key players in public debates. Like all industrialised countries, Germany will need to find answers to the challenges triggered by the rapid socio-economic, cultural, technological and ecological transformations of the 21st century. Thus, it can only benefit from a lively conglomerate of innovative institutions catering to the need for modernisation.
The Progressive Zentrum aims to:
– strengthen democratic dialogue within Germany and across borders;
– shape a new understanding of progress – a new progressive narrative for a modern dynamic society, a just economy and a modern state of the 21st century;
– analyse problems and develop evidence-based solutions;
– link discussions in Germany to international debates through bringing together key actors from academia, the media, business and politics;
– provide a platform for an international exchange of ideas, in particular for the next generation of progressive thinkers, researchers and policymakers.
Ten Years Das Progressive Zentrum
This anniversary booklet presents the work of the Berlin think tank. It introduces the programmes ‘International Relations’ and ‘The Future of Democracy’, uncovers the organisation’s beginnings and looks ahead on what might come next.