EU Digital Challenges #2: French-German Debate on CybersecurityWith Théodore Christakis, Christian Daviot, Saskia Esken, Julia Schuetze & Isabel Skierka
Three French-German think tanks join forces for the first time to reflect upon the EU digital technologies strategy. Dedicated to cybersecurity, the second conference of the “EU Digital Challenges” series will take place in Berlin on 7 November 2018.
While the number of reports on ever-increasing damages due to worldwide private or state-sponsored cyber attacks is growing, one day after the German government’s announcement of a new cybersecurity law, and only a few months ahead of the EU elections, the following questions are more relevant than ever:
How should the European Union tackle the growing threat of cyberattacks? How can cybersecurity be effectively governed at a European level? To what extent can France and Germany be driving forces of an EU cybersecurity roadmap?
To discuss these and further questions relating to cybersecurity in Europe, Das Progressive Zentrum, EuropaNova and Renaissance Numérique kindly invite you to the second conference of the „EU Digital Challenges“ series in Berlin on 7 November 2018:
Wednesday, 7 November 2018 at 18:00 | French Embassy in Berlin
entrance via Wilhelmstr. 69, 10117 Berlin
Followed by a cocktail reception to network and chat
The number of available spots is limited. Please use the form below to register!
Welcoming address by:
- Anne-Marie Descôtes, Ambassador of France to Germany
- Théodore Christakis, Professor of International Law at University Grenoble Alpes and Deputy Director of the Grenoble Alpes Data Institute
- Christian Daviot, Strategic Advisor to the Director General of the National Cybersecurity Agency of France (ANSSI)
- Saskia Esken, Member of the German Bundestag and SPD Deputy Speaker on digital policy
- Julia Schuetze, Project Manager Transatlantic Cyber Forum, Stiftung Neue Verantwortung (moderation)
- Isabel Skierka, Research Analyst at the Digital Society Institute (ESMT Berlin) and Non-resident Fellow at the Global Public Policy Institute
The conference will be held in English and will be followed by a reception. The organisers will publish a strategic note in English, French and German, decrypting the main challenges of the issues at stake, the French, German, and European agendas, as well as the main recommendations emanating from the debates.
We want to thank Microsoft France, the French Embassy in Germany, as well as our media partner Euractiv for their great support!
The registration is closed.
For further queries please contact email@example.com.
This event is part of the Berlin Science Week, a compilation of more than 90 events aimed at inspiring the dialogue between science and society.
Discover the full programme, follow all events on Twitter via @BerlinSciWeek, and join the discussions using #BerlinSciWeek18.
A project by
With special thanks to