Daring New Spaces – Become a Project FellowHelp us build a robust European Public Sphere!
The future needs a vibrant European public sphere. But we need to work in the present to make it a reality.
In this spirit, we have launched the project “Daring New Spaces”, bringing together leading experts from non-governmental organisations, arts and culture, as well as media and academia in the effort to strengthen civil society’s role as a critical, inspiring and constitutive part of a European public sphere.
In cooperation with the German Federal Foreign Office, the Stiftung Mercator, and with the expert support of ECFR, this transnational dialogue will supplement Germany’s EU Council Presidency by emphasising civil society during the six month term.
We are currently looking for European professionals and activists who are willing to put their ideas into practice by sketching recommendations on how to successfully grow European public sphere and push the issue of European civil society to the top of the agenda.
Join us as a Project Fellow and give civil society a strong voice in the current EU Council presidency. Showcase your work and integrate your project in a larger transnational network that is working towards a European public sphere!
- You are passionate about the EU and have an idea how to help develop a genuine European public sphere;
- You are an activist or civic innovator, a researcher, artist, journalist or start-up founder, or work in a public institutions dealing with the project topic;
- You are an EU citizen or a permanent resident of the EU;
- You can commit to a three-month Fellowship that will include virtual work and participation in digital events;
- You have excellent command of the English language as well as strong communication skills, both written and oral.
The Daring New Spaces Fellowship will last from 1 October 2020 to 31 December 2020.
We are accepting applications from EU citizens on a rolling basis until September 27.