EU Digital Challenges – Our Appeal to Politics
For the first time, three European think tanks joined forces to reflect upon the EU digital technologies strategy: Renaissance Numérique, EuropaNova, and Das Progressive Zentrum. As a concrete realization of this partnership, the think tanks launched a common series of conferences in both France and Germany: “EU Digital Challenges”. Read here our joint appeal for promoting European digital citizenship.
As a result of the project EU Digital Challenges, the three European think tanks formulated 15 Key Principles to defend an ambitious vision of European digital citizenship and to give European digital citizens their right to self-determination.
The digital transformation needs digital citizens!
Guarantee a fair distribution of value generated by the digital economy
1. Make data a shared source of wealth
2. Promote the development of citizen-friendly innovation
3. Overhaul European social protection in the digital age
Prepare and equip society for the transformations produced by disruptive technologies
4. Empower European citizens to fully exercise their digital citizenship
5. Rethink vocational training policies in light of disruptive technologies
6. Guarantee adequate infrastructures for digital rights to be exercised by all
7. Ensure universal access to quality public services with e-administration
Consolidate and protect democracy in the face of new threats
8. Make digital technology a tool for supporting strong democratic goals
9. Guarantee citizens’ safety and resilience in a digital society
10. Promote multi-stakeholder governance of digital policy at the European level
Defend our public freedoms while guaranteeing protection for citizens
11. Uphold the principle of proportionality in new digital regulation
12. Guarantee democratic control of regulation implemented by public and private stakeholders
13. Provide a clear, shared legal framework on access to digital data and evidence during international investigations
14. Promote transparency in algorithm and data use
15. Protect freedom of information in the age of Artificial Intelligence
to find policy briefings, videos and more!
A project by: