Thank you for the terrific party!Newsletter August 2017
Over 700 guests attended the Progressive Governance Symposium and our tenth-anniversary celebration on 3 July 2017. Managing Director Dominic Schwickert takes stock of the day.
Exactly one month ago we hosted our anniversary celebrations and the Progressive Governance Symposium here in Berlin. I would like to thank all of you for the many birthday wishes and the excitement and inspiration you brought to us on 3 July. Over 700 guests from 14 countries honoured us by joining the event – and many more by participating online via #DPZehn and #PGS17. The 10th Anniversary of Das Progressive Zentrum would have been unthinkable without the widespread support of the progressive family.
The day’s debates highlighted two aspects: on the one hand, they revealed a deep-seated worry about the future of democracy in Europe. On the other, they demonstrated the cross-party desire on the part of all progressives to strengthen democracy and to profoundly transform society. Our mission and our goal are to debate this renewal and determinedly push it forward – thank you for this clear signal!
Inspired by the atmosphere of change we decided to launch a new project in autumn: in our FortschrittsBlog we want to collect answers from different perspectives on the fundamental question what does ‘progress’ and ‘being progressive’ mean in 2017 and what concrete steps (still) need to be taken? More information to follow shortly.
We hope you have a relaxing summer break,
3 July 2017: A twice as progressive day
Progressive Governance Symposium #PGS17
- Over 100 guests from 14 countries from civil society, economic and political sectors
- 40 speakers in 5 sessions
- 2 key topics: social justice and the future of democracy
- 1 keynote speaker: Norman Birnbaum (USA)
- Organised by Das Progressive Zentrum, Policy Network, the PSE in cooperation with think tank partners in France, Italy and the USA
- Download the agenda
- Visit the website of Progressive Governance
10th Anniversary of Das Progressive Zentrum #DPZehn
- Over 700 guests from the political sphere in Berlin and Europe
- Anniversary podium with Jeroen Dijsselbloem, Barbara Nowacka, Thomas Oppermann, Cem Özdemir and Petra Pinzler
- Anniversary party until the early hours of the morning
- Organised in conjunction with international think tank partners and supported by strong partners from the economic world
- Download the anniversary brochure (in German)
Food for thought
Shifting Frames: Six Thoughts on Innovating Liberal Democracy
The Anniversary Celebrations were made possible in cooperation with selected international think tank-partners and the Berliner Republik
as well as with following business partners